WHITTLE & ASSOCIASTES
PROPERTY MANAGMENT INC. / REAL ESTATE
409 Lincoln Avenue, Woodland, CA 95695
(530)-666-1206 Property Management Inc.
(530)-666-1925 Real Estate
We take the worry out of managing your properties
September is a Time of Transition
Get your home ready for the season ahead to savor the comforts of your home.
• Schedule chimney maintenance. Make sure your fireplace and heating system are clean, safe and ready to go by having a pro look at them now. If you don’t have a chimney cap yet, speak with your chimney sweep about adding one. The metal cap with screened sides can prevent critters from getting in and helps protect your roof from burning embers.
• Add weather-stripping. Newer double-pane windows may not need weather-stripping, but it will help older windows retain heat and stop drafts. Check areas with previously applied weather-stripping and remove or replace as needed.
• Maintain the washer and dryer. Cleaning out the dryer vents can be a DIY job, but if you don’t feel comfortable doing so (or if you’ve been putting it off), you may want to hire a pro to do washer and dryer maintenance for you. Washing machine hoses need to be replaced from time to time, and a cracked hose can cause a leak — which can mean costly damage to your home. Clean dryer vents and hoses will help your machine work more efficiently and reduce the risk of fire.
• Inspect the roof and gutters. Pull out any sticks or other debris blocking the gutters, and make note of any worn-out seals around vent pipes and chimneys. If you do not feel comfortable on a ladder, or have a home of two or more stories, hire someone to do a quick inspection for you. Schedule any needed repairs now so that your home will be all buttoned up for winter.
• Consider beefing up insulation. You may want to think about adding insulation to your attic space or inside walls. This can make a big difference in how well your home retains heat in winter and stays cool in summer.
For full article visit: fnhw.us/2tj2hZM